Are you a CNA or Caregiver Looking for a Job? Click Here.
2018 | Page 4 of 4 | Generations Home Care
early onset arizona
When you think of the typical dementia or Alzheimer’s patient, who comes to mind? It’s probably an older person, right? That’s understandable, because statistics show nearly 96% of the 5.5 million Americans who suffer from dementia and Alzheimer’s disease are 65 or older. So who makes up the other 4%? People diagnosed with dementia before age […]
Read More
Arizona family caregiver
Update: President Trump signed the RAISE Family Caregivers Act into law last week.  Earlier this month we told you about a promising new bill making its way through the US Government that aims to provide much-needed help to family caregivers. Called the Recognize, Assist, Include, Support, and Engage (RAISE) Family Caregivers Act, the new legislation directs […]
Read More
wilder arizona alzheimer's caregivers
Earlier this month, Gene Wilder’s widow – Karen Wilder – shared with ABC news her experience of acting as her husband ‘s primary caregiver in the wake of his Alzheimer’s diagnosis. Her story is a frank account of the difficulty spouses face as they provide care for their ailing partner. But at the same time, […]
Read More
Family Caregiver Phoenix
We frequently discuss the emotional costs associated with family caregiving, but the devastating financial costs often go unnoticed. When people cut back on their hours to take care of family members, or are forced to quit their jobs altogether, the costs add up fast. According to a study conducted by the AARP, the “total estimated economic […]
Read More
Winter Arizona Senior Safety
Now that winter has officially arrived, caregivers should take a few minutes to consider how winter weather impacts their dementia patients. Cold temperatures, ice, snow, and early darkness present special challenges for dementia sufferers and caregivers should do what they can to address them. Fortunately the Alzheimer’s Association offers a few helpful winter safety tips […]
Read More
RAISE Arizone
In the United States, it’s common for family members to provide primary care support for their older relatives. In fact, according to the Alzheimer’s Association’s 2017 Fact and Figures report, “eighty-three percent of the help provided to older adults in the United States comes from family members, friends or other unpaid caregivers.” But despite the widespread […]
Read More